The civil engineering program and the construction engineering program are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. View a full map of undergraduate curriculum by visiting undergraduate degree requirements.
Program educational objectives
By three to five years after graduation, graduates of the civil, construction and environmental engineering programs will have:
- Pursued successful careers and expertise in civil engineering, construction engineering, or a related profession
- Collaborated effectively on multi-disciplinary teams to address the needs of society and the environment
- Pursued lifelong learning, professional development, and licensure as appropriate for their career goals
At graduation, students in Iowa State University’s Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering programs will have the following student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate enrollment and graduation data
|Academic year||Fall enrollment
||Annual Graduation Data
|Construction Engineering||Environmental Engineering||Civil
|Construction Engineering||Environmental Engineering|
Additional accreditation information