Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications
20. Mahedi, M., Cetin, B., Cetin, K.S. Freeze-Thaw Performance of Phase Change Material (PCM) Incorporated Pavement Subgrade Soil. Construction and Building Materials (Accepted)
19. Sharma, H., Fontanini, A.D., Cetin, K.S., Ganpathysubramanian, B. Surrogate Modeling Approach towards Coupling Computational Fluid Dynamics and Energy Simulations for Designing Energy Efficient Attics. Building and Environment 149, 196-209
18. Amini, K., Cetin, K.S. , Ceylan, H., Taylor, P. (2018) Development of prediction models for mechanical properties and durability of concrete using combined non-destructive tests, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 31(2), 04018378 DOI:10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0002569
17. Sadati, S.M., Cetin, K.S., Ceylan, H, Sassani, A, Kim, S. (2018) Energy and Thermal Performance Evaluation of an Electrically Conductive Heated Pavement System Using Numerical Modeling and Field Measurements. Sustainable Cities and Society, 43, 238-250. DOI: 10.1016/j.scs.2018.08.021
16. Cetin, K.S., Fathollahzadeh, M.H., Kunwar, N., Do, H., Tabares-Velasco, P.C. (2018) Development and validation of an HVAC on/off controller in EnergyPlus for energy simulation of residential and small commercial buildings. Energy and Buildings, 183, 467-483 DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2018.11.005.
15. Nahvi, A., Sadati, S.M., Cetin, K.S. Sassani, A., Ceylan, H., Kim, S. Towards Resilient Infrastructure Systems for Winter Weather Events: Integrated Stochastic Economic Evaluation of Electrically Conductive Heated Airfield Pavements. Sustainable Cities and Society, 41, 195-204. DOI:10.1016/j.scs.2018.05.014
14. Do, H., Cetin, K.S. . (2018). Evaluation of the Causes and Impact of Outliers on Residential Building Energy Use Prediction using Inverse Modeling. Building and Environment, 136, 194-206. DOI:10.1016/j.buildenv.2018.04.039
13. Li, W., Zhou, Y., Cetin, K.S., Wang, Y., Liang, B. (2018). Developing a landscape of urban building energy use with improved spatiotemporal representations in a cool-humid climate. Building and Environment. 136, 107-117. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2018.03.036
12. Abdualla, H., Ceylan, H., Kim, S., Mina, M., Cetin, K.S., Taylor, P., Gopalakrishnan, K., Cetin, B., Yang, S., Sassani, A., Vidyadharan, A. (2018). Design and Construction of First Full-Scale Electrically Conductive Concrete Heated Airport Pavement System at a U.S. Airport. Journal of Transportation Research Board. (No. 18-00578)
11. Kunwar, N., Cetin, K.S., Passe, U. (2018). Dynamic Shading in Buildings: A Review of Testing Methods and Recent Researfh Findings Current Sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports. DOI:10.1007/s40518-018-0103-y (PDF)
10. Do, H., Cetin, K.S. (2018). Residential Building Energy Consumption: a Review of Energy Data Availability, Characteristics, and Energy Performance Prediction Methods. Current Sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports. DOI:10.1007/s40518-018-0099-3 (PDF)
9. Li, W., Zhou, Y., Cetin, K.S., Eom, J., Wang, Y., Chen, G., Zhang, X. (2017). Modeling urban building energy use: A review of modeling approaches and procedures. Energy. 141, 2445-2457. DOI:10.1016/j.energy.2017.11.071(PDF)
7. Cetin K.S., O’Neill Z. (2017) Smart Meters and Smart Devices in Buildings: A Review of Recent Progress & Their Influence on Electricity Use and Peak Demand. Current Sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports. 4(1), 1-7. DOI:10.1007/s40518-017-0063-7 (PDF)
6. Perez, K.X., Cetin K.S., Baldea, M., and Edgar T.F. (2017). Application and Analysis of Residential Change-Point Models from Smart Meter Data. Energy and Buildings. 139, 351-359 (PDF)
5. Cetin, K.S. (2016) Characterizing Large Residential Appliance Peak Load Reduction Potential Utilizing a Probabilistic Approach. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. 22(6), 720-732. (PDF)
4. Cetin, K.S., Manuel, L., Novoselac, A. (2016) Thermal comfort evaluation for mechanically conditioned buildings using response surfaces in an uncertainty analysis framework. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. 22(2), 140-152. doi: 10.1080/23744731.2015.1100022 (PDF)
3. Cetin, K.S., Manuel, L., Novoselac, A. (2016) Effect of Technology-Enabled Time-of-Use Energy Pricing on Thermal Comfort and Energy Use in Mechanically-Conditioned Residential Buildings in Cooling Dominated Climates. Building and Environment. 96, 118-130. doi: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2015.11.012 (PDF)
2. Cetin, K.S., Novoselac, A. (2015) Single and multi-family residential central all-air HVAC system operational characteristics in cooling-dominated climate. Energy and Buildings. 96, 210-220. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.03.039 (PDF)
1. Cetin, K.S., Valesco, P., Novoselac, A. (2014) Appliance Daily Energy Use in Residential Buildings: Use profiles and variation in time-of-use. Energy and Buildings. 84, 716-726. doi: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2014.07.045 (PDF)
Selected Conference Papers & Proceedings:
14. Do, H. Cetin, K.S. (2018). Characteristics and Causes of Outliers in Inverse Modeling of Residential Building Energy Use Data. ASHRAE Winter Conference, Chicago, IL, Jan 20-24, 2018.
13. Do, H. Cetin, K.S. (2018). Impact of Occupant Behavior in Data-driven Energy Use Modeling in Diverse Residential Buildings Across Multiple Climates. 4th Residential Building Design & Construction Conference, State College, PA, Feb 28-Mar. 1, 2018.
12. Sadati, S.M.S., Cetin, K.S., Ceylan, H. (2017). Numerical Modeling of Electrically Conductive Pavement Systems. ASCE Congress on Technical Advancement, Duluth, MN, Sept. 10-13, 2017.
11. Le, T., Jeong, H.D., Jahren, C., Shane, J., Cetin, K.S. (2017). Information Delivery Workflows Throughout the Life-Cycle of Transportation Assets. 2017 International Conference on Maintenance and Rehabilitation of Constructed Infrastructure Facilities, Seoul, S. Korea, July 1-21, 2017.
10. Abdualla, H., Gopalakrishnan, K., Ceylan, H., Kim, S., Mina, M., Taylor, P., Cetin, K.S. (2017) Development of A Finite Element Model for Electrically Conductive Concrete Heated Pavements. Transportation Research Board. Washington D.C. Jan. 8-12, 2017
9. Cetin, K.S. and Kallus, C. (2016). Data-Driven Methodology for Energy and Peak Load Reduction of Residential HVAC Systems. International Conference on Sustainable Design, Engineering and Construction. Tempe, AZ. May 18-20, 2016.
8. Cetin, K.S., Siemann, M., Sloop C., (2016). Disaggregation and Future Prediction of Monthly Residential Building Energy Use Data Using Localized Weather Data Network. ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficient Buildings. Pacific Grove, CA. Aug. 21-26, 2016.
7. Cetin, K.S., Novoselac, A. (2014) Residential HVAC Commissioning Through Energy Consumption Data Analysis. ASHRAE 2014 Summer Conference. ISSN 0001-2505 Volume 120, p I1
6. Cetin, K.S. Novoselac, A. (2014) Developing Appliance Energy Use Profiles for Residential Building Energy Modeling. Building Simulation and Optimization. June 21-23, 2014.
5. Heo, D., Cetin, K.S. (2015) Analogies and Self-Efficacy: Comparison between Experts and Novices in Problem Based Learning for Engineering Education, Southwest Educational Research Association Conference, San Antonio, TX.
4. Ayyub, B., Ramirez, J., Markham, K.S., Broqueres, P. (2011) Quantifying Regional Risk Profiles Attributable to Sea-Level Rise. Sea Level Rise and Coastal Infrastructure Workshop: ASCE Monograph
3. Ayyub, B., Markham, K.S., Chang, C. (2011). Development of Spatial Risk Profiles of Cargo Rail Systems, ICVRAM and ISUMA 2011 Conference Proceedings, 197-204.
2. Ayyub, B., Kearney, M., Ramirez, J., Markham, K.S., Chang, C. (2011). Development of Spatial Risk Profiles Resulting from Sea Level Rise, ICVRAM and ISUMA 2011 Conference Proceedings, 334-341.
1. Markham, K.S., Zhang, Y. (2011). Building Integrated Photovoltaics in Urban Infrastructure for More Sustainable Buildings. 4th Annual Trans-Atlantic INFRADAY Conf. on Applied Infrastructure Modeling and Policy Analysis.
Cetin, K.S., (2015) Smart technology enabled residential building energy use and peak load reduction and their effects on occupant thermal comfort. PhD Dissertation. University of Texas at Austin. http://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/handle/2152/30516
Markham, K.S. (2010) Thin-film Building Integrated Photovoltaics Under Extreme Wind Loading Due to Downbursts in the Washington DC Area. Masters Thesis. DRUM. http://hdl.handle.net/1903/11430