R. Christopher Williams
- Gerald and Audrey Olson Professor in Civil Engineering
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office490 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1996
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Purdue University, 1993
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Vermont, 1991
- Asphalt materials characterization
- Asphalt design, performance and construction
- Pavement design
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- 2005-2009; Adjunct Faculty Member, Michigan Technological University
- 2003-2004; Howard E. Hill Chi Epsilon Outstanding Faculty of the Year for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Michigan Technological University
- Williams, R.C., Engineering a Bio Asphalt for Use in Hot Mix Asphalt, Missouri Asphalt Pavement Association Annual Conference and Equipment Exhibit, Columbia, Missouri, January 12, 2010.
- Williams, R.C. Recycled Asphalt Shingles in Asphalt Mixtures, Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference, Columbus, Ohio, October 19, 2010.
- Williams, R.C. and Cascione, A., Use of Recycled Asphalt Shingles in Asphalt Mixtures, 53rd Annual Asphalt Conference, Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla, Missouri, December 7, 2010.
- Williams, R.C. and Cascione, A., Recycled Asphalt Shingles in Asphalt Paving Mixtures: Good Practices in Shingle Processing, Mix Design, Production and Placement that Meets an Owners Expectations, Minnesota Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Minneapolis, Minnesota, December 8, 2010.
- Williams, R.C. and Abdel Raouf, M., Development of Non-Petroleum Binders for Use in Flexible Pavements, Louisiana Transportation Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, January 9-11, 2011.
- Williams, R.C. Rocky Mountain Asphalt User/ Producer Group Meeting, Denver, Colorado, February 2011.