Paul Andrew Kremer
- Building Systems Program Manager
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office378 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-1066
Phone: (515) 294-8213
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla
- Full-scale and bench-scale laboratory and field-challenge testing of systems and building components deployed within buildings
- Design and development of custom test protocols, experimental apparatus and software for building systems
- Environmental control technologies
- Materials research
- Teaching applications
- Building energy efficiency investigations
- Development and evaluation of active and passive air cleaning system technologies for removal of particulate, biological and gas phase indoor air contaminants
- Low-cost particulate matter and gas contaminant indoor air sensors
- Development of facilities for challenge-testing of air cleaning systems and exposure testing using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation and microwave sources
- Building humidity control
- Small-scale and full-scale seismic loading, wind/pressure loading, wind-borne debris impact, and weathering of building components and enclosure systems
- Building science investigations of building enclosure systems serviceability (e.g. air and moisture infiltration)
- Non-destructive evaluation of masonry, concrete and polymeric building components
- High temperature testing of building components
- Cyber-physical systems for construction site safety
- Martin, S.B., Schauer, E.S., Blum, D.H., Kremer, P.A., Bahnfleth, W.P., and Freihaut, J.D., "A New Dual-Collimation Batch Reactor for Determination of Ultraviolet Inactivation Rate Constants for Microorganisms in Aqueous Suspensions,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 162 (2016).
- Firrantello, J.T., Bahnfleth, W. P., Montgomery, R., Kremer, P. K., “Field Study of Energy Use-Related Effects of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation of a Cooling Coil,” 12th REHVA World Congress CLIMA 2016, May 22-25, 2016, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Zahmatkesh, F., Memari, A., Said, A., Griffin, B., Kremer, P., “Concepts for High Temperature Testing of Scaled Building Members and Connections under Axial Load,” 3rd Residential Building Design and Construction Conference, March 2-3, 2016, State College, PA.
- Rim, D., Salimifard, P., Gomes, C., Kremer, P., and Freihaut, J., "Resuspension of Biological Particles from Indoor Surfaces: Effects of Humidity and Air Swirl," submitted to Science of the Total Environment, 2016.
- Kang, D. H., Choi, D. H., Gomes, C., Kremer, P., Salimifard, P., Rim, D., and Freihaut, J. D., “Humidity Effects on Resuspension of Indoor Allergen Carrier Particles,” Healthy Buildings 2015 America Conference, July 19-22, 2015, Boulder, Colorado.
- Salimifard, P., Kremer, P., Rim, D., and Freihaut, J. D., “Particle Resuspension Rates From Duct Surfaces,” Healthy Buildings 2015 America Conference, July 19-22, 2015, Boulder, Colorado.
- Firrantello, J.T., Bahnfleth, W. P., Kremer, P. K., “Field Study of Energy Use-Related Effects of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation of a Cooling Coil,” ASHRAE 2016 Winter Conference, January 23-27, 2016, Orlando, FL.
- Memari, A.M., Solnosky, R.L., Kremer, P.A., and Hartman, K.H., "Racking Test Evaluation of a Unitized Curtain Wall System with Structural Glazing Tape," submitted to Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, 2016.
- Memari, A. M., Shirazi, A., Kremer P.A., and Behr, R.A., “Seismic Vulnerability Evaluation of Architectural Glass in Curtain Walls,” Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture Research, Vol. 1, No. 2, Aug. 2014.