Fouad S. Fanous
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office410 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
- Ph.D. Structural Engineering, Iowa State University, 1982
- M.S. Structural Engineering, Iowa State University, 1980
- B.S. Civil Engineering/Structural, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, 1969
- Response of highway pavements to heavy farm implements
- Performance of bridge decks
- Bridge Management System
- Finite element analysis - application to complex structures
- Bridge strengthening
- Testing and analysis of small-scale structural models
- Reliability Assessment of nuclear containment strength under severe accident loads
- Static and dynamic analysis of transmission lines
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- Iowa State University Regents Award for Faculty Excellence, 2013
- Outstanding Civil Engineering Professor, Engineering Student Council, Iowa State University, 2001
- Charles W. Shafer Faculty Award, for excellence in teaching, research and service in Civil Engineering, 1991
- Joseph and Elizabeth A. Anderlik, for excellence in undergraduate teaching, 1990, 2008
- Boeing Endowment, 1988, 2006
- Listed in “Who's Who in Midwest"
- Sigma Xi, 1980-present
- Chi Epsilon, 1980-present
- Fanous, F., Rammer, D., and Wipf, T. "Simplified Analytical Model for a Covered Burr-Arch-Truss Timber Bridge," Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Timber Bridges, Las Vegas, NV, 2013.
- Fanous, F., Rammer, D., and Wipf, T. "Simplified Analytical Model for a Queen-Post Covered Timber Bridge," Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Timber Bridges, Las Vegas, NV, 2013.
- Fanous, F., May, J. and Wipf, T. “Live Load Distribution Factors for Glued-Laminated Girder Bridges," ASCE Bridge Engineering Journal, Vol. 16, No. 2, April 2011, pp. 179-187.
- Fanous, F., May, J., Wipf, T. and Ritter, M. “Live Load Distribution factors for Glued Laminated Timber Bridges," paper published on the CD of the Transportation Research 2008.
- Fanous, F., and Wu, H., “Performance of Coated Reinforcing Bars in Cracked Bridge Decks," ASCE Bridge Engineering Journal, Volume 10, Number 3, May 2005, pp 255-261.
- Bayleyegn, Y. and Fanous, F., “Field Testing and Finite Element Analysis of Steel Bridge Retrofit for Deterioration-Induced Fatigue," Transportation Research Board, 85th Annual Meeting, January 19-22, 2006.
- Abendroth, R., Fanous, F., and Andrawes, B., “Response of PC Girder Bridges with Intermediate Diaphragms to Lateral Impact Load," National Research Council Records, (published on a CD), January 2003.
- Fanous, F. and Wu, H., “Service Life Projection for Epoxy-Coated Reinforcement in Concrete Bridge Decks," paper invited by A3C15 Committee on Corrosion, TRB, 2003.
- Fanous, F. and Shannon, D., "Field and Analytical Investigations of Dowel Performance in Transverse Joint of Concrete Pavement," Presented at the Mid-Continent Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, 2008.
- Fanous, F., and Wu, H. "Performance of Coated Reinforcing Bars in Cracked Bridge Decks," ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 3, May 2005, pp. 255-261.