The Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering at Iowa State University seeks qualified candidates for a Research Associate I.
This position will plan, direct, and manage water quality monitoring activities at surface and groundwater locations. Responsibilities include collecting, testing, and analyzing water samples; performing sample analysis and chemical calculations; interpreting test results; and writing reports. Additional duties include maintaining project equipment, outfitting the mobile laboratory, researching and developing new chemical or sampling preservation methods, and supervising the field sampling crew.
The successful candidate will have effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, exhibit attention to detail, and be able to navigate multiple priorities under time constraints. All employees are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and related experience
Supplemental Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, fisheries, biology, or related field
- Completion of a one-year college level inorganic chemistry course
- Experience operating a motorboat
- Ability to swim 50 meters unassisted and lift 25 kilograms (55 pounds)
- Ability to successfully complete a CPR and first aid training course within 45 days of hire
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.iastatejobs.com:80/postings/11241 and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
For guaranteed consideration, please apply by Wednesday, April 22, 2015. Proposed start date is May 1, 2015. Proposed job end date is June 30, 2016, with the possibility of renewal.