We’re committed to excellence in education and research—and becoming one of the best civil, construction and environmental engineering departments in the country.
We’re well on our way. But to reach our full potential, we need increased resources for our faculty through endowed program chairs and professorships, increased financial support for graduate and undergraduate students, and improved laboratories and facilities.
Construction Engineering Hall of Fame (click here to learn more)
For generations, private institutions have relied almost exclusively on alumni and industry support. Like our counterparts, we increasingly need support from alumni and industry.
The Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) is fortunate to have a tradition of generosity from its alumni and friends. For example, generous gifts have been used to accomplish a lot in the last five years, including
- Establish professorships in civil, construction, and structural engineering
- Establish chairs in geotechnical engineering and construction engineering
- Provide a state-of-the-art classroom for construction engineering students
- Add a Portland cement concrete pavement laboratory
- Equip a geotechnical laboratory
- Convert an aerospace engineering wind tunnel into a structural engineering laboratory
- Remodel and equip an environmental engineering laboratory
But we can’t stop now. Let us know how you can help us in the pursuit of excellence.
Endowing faculty positions
Endowing chairs and professorships provide resources to faculty for improving CCEE. They’re used to benefit a specific aspect of the department’s mission such as graduate education in programs such as
- Geotechnical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Integrated curriculum
- Transportation engineering
These positions are a great way to invest in the department:
Supporting graduate students
Providing financial support is a powerful tool for recruiting and retaining top-notch graduate students. Consider providing or helping with one of the following:
- Graduate fellowships
Improving and expanding laboratories and facilities
High-quality laboratories and facilities support breakthrough research and CCEE’s commitment to preparing students for industry and academic careers. You can help by supporting
- Research equipment
- Study spaces
Join the club
Helping CCEE also can initiate you into the Order of the Knoll and the Marston Club, where you receive recognition at special university and college events.