The Gerald and Audrey Olson Soil Mechanics Laboratory at Iowa State University was founded in 2002 through a grant from Gerald and Audrey Olson, who founded Terracon, Inc., in the 1960’s. The lab is located in room 40 Town Engineering and provides support for advanced soil mechanics testing, including equipment for
- low-stress, conventional, and stress-path controlled triaxial testing
- direct/residual shear testing
- conventional and automated consolidation testing
- rigid and flexible wall permeameters
- soil index tests and engineering classification
For more information, contact Richard L. Handy Endowed Associate Professor David White at email@example.com or 515 294-1463.