Timothy G. Ellis
- Associate Professor
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office375 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
- Ph.D. Environmental Systems Engineering, Clemson University, 1995
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1988
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Drexel University, 1984
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- Outstanding Government Civil Engineer, Iowa Section, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2013
- Engineering Student Council, Outstanding Faculty Award, Iowa State University, College of Engineering, 2008
- Joseph C. and Elizabeth A. Anderlik Faculty Award for excellence in undergraduate teaching, CCEE, Iowa State University, 2005
- Certificate of Appreciation, Iowa Section, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2004
- Letter of Honorable Mention, Outstanding Student Chapter, ASCE, 2004
- Park, J., Oh, J. H., Evans, E. A., Hobson, K., Lally, M., Ellis, T.G. (2012). "Industrial wastewater treatment by on-site pilot static granular bed reactor (SGBR), accepted for publication," Water Practice and Technology.
- Park, J., Evans, E. A., Ellis, T. G. (2011). "Development of biofilter with TDRP media for hydrogen sulfide removal," Soil and Air Pollution, 215, pp. 145-153.
- Evans, Eric A.; Ellis, Timothy G. (2010). "Experimental Validation of the Static Granular Bed Reactor for Industrial Waste Anaerobic Treatment," Journal of Environmental Engineering, 136, pp. 1139-1146.
- Ellis, T. G. and Evans, K. M. (2008). "A new high rate anaerobic technology, the static granular bed reactor (SGBR), for renewable energy production from medium strength waste streams," WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 109, pp. 141-150.