- Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Research Scientist
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office2711 S Loop Drive
Ames, IA 50010-8664
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Iowa State University, 2007
- M.S.,Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University,Turkey, 2002
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 1999
- Pavement materials
- Pavement management
Fatih Bektas has been an adjunct faculty for Iowa State University's Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering since 2013. He also works as an associate scientist for InTrans, where he has done research since 2010.
- Bektas F, Wang X. (2017). Effectiveness of ternary blends in mitigating ASR demonstrated on modified mortar-bar test, Journal of Testing and Evaluation 45, 1-8.
- Bektas F (2016). Alternative specimens for testing concrete strength, ACI Materials Journal 113, 113-119.
- Bektas F, Smadi O, Nlenanya I (2015). Pavement condition: a new approach for the Iowa DOT, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2523, 40-46.
- Bektas F, Wang X. (2014). Statistical mixture design of ternary blends for controlling ASR, Magazine of Concrete Research 67, 63-70.
- Bektas F, Aldemir Bektas B (2014). Analyzing mix parameters in ASR concrete using response surface methodology, Construction and Building Materials 66, 299-305.